I recently started making cookies every now and again. (You have to do something, when you’re at home all day, I guess.)
- 130g butter, melted
- 60g dark brown sugar
- 120g white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 225g plain flour
- 15g baking soda
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 2 bars of chocolate (about 100g each, best to mix dark and milk)
- Heat the oven to 190° C fan and line two baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Put softened unsalted butter, dark brown sugar and white sugar into a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and large egg.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until you get a nice dough. (You can test it now 😉)
- Cut the chocolate bars into small chunks and mix with the dough. Now let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Use a teaspoon to make small scoops of the mixture, spacing them well apart on the baking trays. This mixture should make about 9 to 16 cookies (depending on how large you like them).
- Bake for 5–7 minutes until they are light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the center if you press them.
- Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes to set. The cookies will be very soft initially and will harden when they cool.
Read other posts